British Council IELTS Scholarship
- Examinations Director Nadeem
Hussain presents the scholarship
certificate to winner Nickie Wong.
British Council IELTS 25th Anniversary Scholarship 2014
The British Council IELTS Scholarships are awarded to high-calibre individuals with motivation to develop their career and who demonstrate the potential to contribute to society what they have gained from their study experience. IELTS scholars are committed to networking within the IELTS community and sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates. The scholarship enables students to study any chosen course in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme of a higher institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
Up to 3 students in Hong Kong / Macau will each receive GBP2,500, to go towards tuition fees on their chosen courses.
The top 3 scholars in the East Asia region will each receive GBP25,000, to go towards tuition fee of their chosen courses, to be paid directly to the institutions by instalments.
*East Asia region includes Burma, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
|Application period:||1 January - 31 May 2014|
|Shortlisting:||1 - 13 June 2014|
|Interviews:||16 - 27 June 2014|
|Letter of offer from university received by:||27 June 2014|
|Results announcement:||mid - end July 2014|
|Award Ceremony:||end July - mid August 2014|
To qualify for an IELTS scholarship, you must:
- currently live in Hong Kong / Macau
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in or outside Hong Kong / Macau in 2014 (academic year)
- attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of admission requirements
- have taken their most recent IELTS test at the British Council, with a minimum band score of 6 in each of the four component parts of the test
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 27 June 2014
How to apply?1. Take an IELTS test at a British Council authorised centre and receive your scores
2. Download and complete the application form
3. An original hard copy of your application should be sent to:
- IELTS Scholarship
- British Council
- 3 Supreme Court Road
- Admiralty, Hong Kong
Selection criteria- Applications are initially reviewed against the British Council IELTS scholarship eligibility criteria and assessed by external assessment raters and British Council officers
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face video-taped interview, where you will be assessed by a panel of senior managers and external raters from the higher education and/or corporate sectors in Hong Kong.
Application deadline: 31 May 2014
For further information, please read the FAQ.