HOW TO REGISTER
You can apply for IELTS in person at our customer services centre or send in your application by post.
- Check the test date
- Provide all necessary items and hand in to Customer Services Centre or post to Examinations Services
- Credit cards and EPS (only for registration in person)
- Crossed cheque from a bank account in HKSAR or bank draft drawn on a bank in HKSAR (payable to 'British Council' in Hong Kong currency)
- Cash is not accepted
- a completed, signed and dated Application Form
- two recent passport sized photographs taken within the last six months (signed on the back)
- a copy of your HKID or passport (you must bring the same ID document on the test date)
- a copy of your previous IELTS test report (if applicable)
- a cheque made payable to 'British Council' for the test fee correctly dated and signed (for postal application).
- The current IELTS test fee is HK$1,500.
- Places are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The application will only be processed with all the necessary items.
- Do not send your application before the relevant registration period opens.
- No refund will be made for cancellation of examinations under any circumstances.
- You may find out more about how to complete the application form
Change of Test Date
You are only allowed to change the test date on medical grounds. The test date can be changed once only. You need to submit such requests within three working days after the test.
We aim to do our best to cater for candidates with special needs. We will do all we can to enable candidates to understand test questions and ways of giving answers. All candidates, irrespective of their disability, will be assessed fairly and objectively.
Candidates who require special arrangements are asked to submit the request at least three months before the test and inform the test centre before they pay their test fees. Relevant supporting materials (medical certificates) should be submitted during registration.
Please contact our Customer Services Centre.